By: Figo Mansaray |Contributing Writer
Monrovia, Liberia |May 24, 2026| The Archdiocese of Monrovia has announced funeral arrangements for two deceased priests after authorities completed all investigations and released their remains to the Church.
The announcement was made by Gabriel Blamo Jubwe in a statement dated May 9, 2026.
The Church said the process followed careful cooperation with national authorities to ensure all legal procedures were completed.
The statement explained that the Liberian National Police had earlier asked the Archdiocese to delay burial arrangements while investigations and an autopsy were carried out.
According to the Archbishop, “all procedures requested by the Police, including the autopsy, have been completed.”
He added that the remains of the priests had now been released to the Archdiocese for burial.
The Archdiocese thanked the Liberian National Police, the Ministry of Justice, and others who assisted during the process.
Church leaders said the cooperation helped bring comfort and clarity to the families and faithful during a difficult time.
Special appreciation was also extended to the families of the deceased priests for their patience and understanding.
The Church described their support and cooperation as important throughout the period of waiting and uncertainty.
Community members across Monrovia are expected to gather for several days of prayer and remembrance.
The activities are aimed at bringing people together in faith, reflection, and support for grieving families.
The first event will be a candlelight vigil on Wednesday, May 27, at St. Anthony Parish. The vigil, organized by the Gardnersville Deanery, is expected to give community members an opportunity to pray together and honor the lives of the priests.
On Thursday, May 28, the remains will be taken from Striker Funeral Home to the Sacred Heart Cathedral for the Office of the Dead and wake service.
During the wake, tributes from the Church and family members will be shared in memory of the deceased.
The Mass of Resurrection will take place on Friday, May 29, at the cathedral. Burial ceremonies will follow at the Queen of Peace Shrine, where the priests will be laid to rest.
The Archdiocese also called on organizations, institutions, and individuals to support the funeral arrangements through the office of the Vicar General, Ambrose Dayouga Kroma.
The Archbishop encouraged the faithful to “continue praying for the eternal repose of our departed brothers and for strength and consolation for their families and the entire Archdiocese.”

